What Personal Information do we Collect?Types of Information: We may collect various types of personal information from job applicants, including but not limited to:
- Contact information (e.g. name, address, email address, phone number);
- Resume/CV, cover letter, and other application documents;
- Photographs you may submit with your application;
- Employment history, educational background, and qualifications;
- References, recommendations;
- Records we create during interviews or correspondence with you;
- Skills and certifications;
- Information about your current and desired salary, including benefits information;
- Any other information provided by you in writing or verbally during the process;
- Nationality / visa / work permit information (where applicable).
- Directly from the job applicant, such as through application forms, emails, or interviews;
- Recruitment agencies or background check providers;
- Publicly available sources (e.g. professional networking platforms);
- Third parties, such as references supplied by former employers.
- Whether or not you have a disability for which we need to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process;
- Information about criminal convictions and offences.
Use of Personal InformationPurpose: We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Evaluating and assessing job applicants’ suitability for employment;
- Verifying qualifications, employment history, and references and conducting background checks;
- Communicating with applicants throughout the recruitment process including, where applicable, informing you of other potential career opportunities at NetRefer;
- Complying with legal and regulatory requirements;
- Where requested by you, assisting you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit where required;
- Making improvements to NetRefer’s application and/or recruitment process including improving diversity in recruitment practices;
- Proactively conducting research about your educational and professional background and skills and contacting you if we think you would be suitable for a role with us.
Sharing of Personal InformationInternal Disclosure: Within NetRefer, your information can be shared with select employees, such as members of the HR and recruitment team, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, managers in the business area with a vacancy and IT staff if access to the data is necessary for the performance of their roles. Your personal information will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record, in HR management systems and on other IT systems (including email). Third-Party Service Providers: We may share your personal information with third-party service providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to carry out that work. Examples include recruiters, cloud hosting providers, and service providers who assist us in conducting background checks or other pre-employment screenings. Where we need to transfer or store your personal data outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA”), we will only do so using Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission, which contractually oblige third party organisations in those countries to comply with the same data protection standards as legislated within the EEA. Legal Obligations: We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in response to a legitimate request from a regulatory or law enforcement authority.
Legal Grounds for ProcessingLegitimate interest: NetRefer has a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Processing data from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate’s suitability for employment and decide to whom to offer a job. We may also need to process data from job applicants to respond to and defend against legal claims. In some cases, we need to process data to ensure that we are complying with our legal obligations. For example, we are required to check a successful applicant’s eligibility to work in Malta before employment starts. We may process special categories of data, such as information about whether or not applicants are disabled in order to make reasonable adjustments for candidates who have a disability. We would process such information to carry out our obligations and exercise specific rights in relation to employment.
Security of Personal InformationNetRefer takes the security of your personal information seriously. We implement appropriate technical, physical, and administrative measures to protect the personal information of job applicants from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Your RightsAs a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your personal information on request;
- require NetRefer to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- request NetRefer to delete or stop processing your data in certain circumstances, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- object to the processing of your data where NetRefer is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing; and
- ask NetRefer to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override NetRefer’s legitimate grounds for processing data.